1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add in the bacon and sauté over a high heat until crispy. Remove to a plate.
2. Add a knob of butter to the saucepan; reduce to a medium heat, then add in the leeks and
garlic. Fry gently for 5 minutes until softened, but not coloured.
3. Add the potatoes and cook for a further minute. Pour in the stock and lemon r ind, cover and simmer
for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. With a slotted spoon, remove half the potatoes and leeks from the stock and set aside.
4. Transfer the remaining potatoes, leeks, stock and milk into a blender or f ood processor and whizz until smooth. Pour back into the saucepan. Add the sweetcor n, bacon, fish and the potatoes and leeks you have set aside.
5. Cover and gently heat for 3-4 minutes until the fish is just cooked through – don’t boil. Stir in the chives and cream (if using), then season to taste. Serve with some crusty wholemeal bread.
500g Rooster potatoes, cut into small
cubes (approx 1½cm)
700g whiting, skinned, boned and cut
into 3cm chunks
4 streaky bacon rashers, smoked if
possible, finely diced
340g sweetcorn, frozen and defrosted
3 medium leeks, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 litre fish or chicken stock
600ml whole milk
4tbsp cream (optional)
1tbsp olive oil
Grated rind of 1 lemon
Handful of chives, chopped
A knob of butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Healthy seed-crusted fish & chips
Make fish and chips your own with this healthy twist on a British classic. The perfectly roasted potatoes with the seeded sea bream fillets are a match made in heaven, making them a great mid-week meal option.
Asian spiced Potato Crab Cakes with Rainbow Slaw
Give your taste-buds a treat with these Asian-spiced Potato Crab Cakes. Flavoured with aromatic ginger, chilli and light soy sauce, these potato cakes are a quick and delicious choice for any occasion. Serve with fresh, rainbow slaw for that extra special kick.
Pulled Pork & Tomato Layered Potato Bake
Here's a clever way to use up leftovers from a weekend roast. Packed with hearty flavours and warming herbs and spices, it's a real mid-week treat.